David Alan Barclay (b. November 5) is a puppeteer and animatronic supervisor with extensive experience in Muppet and Henson productions. For the Muppets, his most notable contribution was performing Sprocket in multiple international co-productions of Fraggle Rock, in some cases even re-dubbing the barks. He has also been involved with the London Creature Shop from the beginning, working on The Dark Crystal through more recent projects.
Barclay helped to build Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back, and served as Frank Oz's understudy for the character. He also performed Jabba the Hutt for Return of the Jedi. Expanding on his work in animatronics, Barclay has also worked extensively in the use of motion capture and animatronics for CGI characters, as well as actual key frame computer animation.
Barclay's non-Henson credits include Little Shop of Horrors (as part of the Audrey II team), Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (as chief puppeteer for the live props handled by animated characters), and Looney Tunes: Back in Action (puppeteering Bugs Bunny in test green-screen footage).
Muppet/Creature Shop performerEdit
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Muppet Treasure Island
- Don't Forget to Watch the Movie
- The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street
- Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2010 Blue AM Monster (puppetry only)
- The Muppets (2011)
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2011 Blue AM Monster (puppetry only)
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2012 Grover (puppetry only)
- Muppets Most Wanted