The vision of Fraggle Rock articulated by Jim Henson was to depict a colorful and fun world, but also a world with a relatively complex system of symbiotic relationships between different "races" of creatures, an allegory to the human world, where each group was somewhat unaware of how interconnected and important they were to one another. This allegorical world allowed the program to entertain and amuse while seriously exploring complex issues of prejudice, spirituality, personal identity, environment, and social conflict.
The show was also specifically designed for international co-production, constructed in such a way that it could easily be tailored to different countries and cultures.
Fraggle Rock generally refused to over-simplify any individual issue, instead simply illustrating the consequences and inherent difficulties of different actions and relationships. Though the Fraggles do learn important lessons, they rarely are aware that they are learning them. The ideals of friendship, being true to yourself, and learning to love those who are incredibly different, were the cornerstone of Jim Henson's work throughout his career, and he considered Fraggle Rock to be one of the purest and most successful expressions of that vision.
Fraggle Rock AppearancesEdit
' The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984) Traveling Matt Red Mokey Wembley Gobo Boober Brool the Minstrel Cantus Philo and Gunge Murray the Minstrel Mama Tree Creature Papa Tree Creature Baby Tree Creature Blustering Bellowpane Monster Aretha and FragglesDoozer Music (1984) 'Traveling Matt and Cotterpin Doozer
- The Television Academy Hall of Fame (1984) Mokey Fraggle Wembley Fraggle Boober Fraggle Gobo Fraggle Uncle Traveling Matt Large Marvin Fraggle Sprocket and Fraggles
Night of 100 Stars (1985) 'Traveling Matt'
- A Muppet Family Christmas (1987) Doc Sprocket Red Fraggle Mokey Fraggle Wembley Fraggle Boober Fraggle Gobo Fraggle Uncle Traveling Matt Large Marvin Fraggle Marlon Fraggle Feenie Fraggle Tosh Fraggle Storyteller
[http://the-muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jim_Henson_Hour The Jim Henson Hour] (1989) Brool the Minstrel Murray the Minstrel Mudwell the Mudbunny Aretha Begoony Blustering Bellowpane Fraggle Morris Fraggle Dimpley Fraggle and Rumple Fraggle Fraggles
- Monster Wander McMooch Inkspots Philo and Gunge as audience members of the Miss Galaxy Pageant in the Science Fiction
- The Jim Henson Hour (1989) Inkspots Aretha Last of the Lily Creatures
- Dog City (1989) Sprocket
- The Ghost of Faffner Hall (1989) Brool the Minstrel Murray the Minstrel Mudwell the Mudbunny Aretha Begoony Blustering Bellowpane Monster Wander McMooch Inkspots Philo and Gunge Last of the Lily Creatures Mama Tree Creature Papa Tree Creature Baby Tree Creature
- The Muppet Christmas Carol 1992 Sprocket & Brool the Minstrel Murray the Minstrel Mudwell the Mudbunny Aretha Begoony Blustering Bellowpane Monster Wander McMooch Inkspots
- The Muppets (2011) Blustering Bellowpane Monster End of flim muppet crowd
- Muppets Most Wanted Blustering Bellowpane Monster