John E. Kennedy (Nov 17 1968) is a puppeteer who has performed on various Muppet projects since the early 1990s. He began building puppets as a child in his hometown of Plainfield, Indiana where he performed shows at local libraries. One of his first professional jobs was as a singing, dancing, banjo-playing puppeteer at the Indianapolis Union Station Festival Marketplace.
While working on a bachelors degree in theater at Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI), John wrote the Jim Henson Company and was invited to several performer workshops in New York City. Around the same time John coincidentally landed a job as a dancer in a Muppet revue for Walt Disney World. He relocated to Orlando, Florida, and in a few weeks found himself working beside Jim Henson himself. John would go on to work with the Jim Henson Company and the Muppets for over sixteen years, a relationship that continues to this day.
In recent years, John has developed a career as an author and written two popular puppet making books, Puppet Mania! and Puppet Planet. He also hosts puppet making videos on the internet, builds puppets for various non-Muppet projects in the United States and has taught MFA classes in puppetry at the University of Central Florida
- It's Not Easy Being Green,
- Sesame Street 1995-present Anything Muppets AM Monsters Animals
- Muppet Treasure Island
- Lead Away!
- Don't Forget to Watch the Movie
- Learning to Share,
- Do the Alphabet
- A is for Asthma
- Muppets from Space
- Elmo's World: Wild Wild West!
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2002 Count von Count (puppetry only)
- Elmo's World: Happy Holidays!
- Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2006 Baby Bear, (puppetry only)
- Elmo's Christmas Countdown
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2011 Ernie (puppetry only)
- Muppets on Broadway (2017)