Muppet Treasure Island is the fifth feature film to star the Muppets, and the second produced after the death of Muppets creator Jim Henson. Released in 1996 and directed by Jim Henson's son Brian Henson, it was one of many film adaptations of Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island.
As in the earlier Muppet Christmas Carol, the key roles are played by human guest stars -- in this case, Tim Curry as Long John Silver and Kevin Bishop as the protagonist Jim Hawkins -- while the Muppets filled in supporting roles, including Kermit the Frog as Captain Smollett, Fozzie Bear as young Squire Trelawney, and Miss Piggy as Benjamina Gunn. Following their success as the narrators of The Muppet Christmas Carol, Gonzo and Rizzo appear in specially-created roles as Jim Hawkins' best friends.
The film follows the book's events, but altered by the Muppets
- Muppet Performers
- Steve Whitmire: Bill Barretta Frank Oz Dave Goelz Kevin Clash Jerry Nelson Mike Quinn NoelMacNeal, Martin P. Robinson Joey Mazzarino Peter Linz Jim Kroupa David Barclay, Michelan Sisti Tim Blaney Julianne Buescher Don Austen Geoff Felix Marcus Clarke Sue Dacre Louise Gold Mak Wilson Bruce Lanoil Nigel Plaskitt John Kennedy Steve Kynman, Christopher Leith, Anthony Lymboura , Mark Mansfield , Joan Morris , Rebecca Nagan , Margaret O'Flaherty (Uncredited:Patrick Comerford Brian Herring , Ronnie Le Drew Steve Nallon John Thirtle , Ian Thom, Heather Tobias , Angie Passmore John Eccleston)
- Human Cast
- Tim Curry as Long John Silver
- Kevin Bishop as Jim Hawkins
- Billy Connolly as Billy Bones
- Jennifer Saunders as Mrs. Bluveridge
- Danny Blackner as Short Stack Stevens
- Peter Geeves as Black Eyed Pea
- Harry Jones as Easy Pete
- Jerry Nelson as Butler
- David Nicholls as Captain Flint
- Frederick Warder as Calico Jerry
- Jessica Hamilton as Big-Fat-Ugly-Bug-Face-Baby-Eating O'Brien
Muppet Characters (speaking)
Gonzo as himself
Rizzo the Rat as himself
Kermit the Frog as Captain Abraham Smollett
Miss Piggy as Benjamina Gunn
Statler and Waldorf as Ship Figureheads
Fozzie Bear as Squire Trelawney
Bunsen Honeydew as Dr. Livesey
Beaker as himself
Sam the Eagle as Samuel Arrow
- Pirates (speaking)
- Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan Mad Monty, Old Tom One-Eyed Jack Angel Marie Black Dog,Blind Pew Calico, Spotted Dick, Walleye Pike Jacques Roach Undertaker, Mr. Bitte Dead Tom Sweetums Real Old Tom Beggar Red Lipped Pirate Gold Cut Nosed Pirate Wolf, Lew Zealand Dodo Begoony Old Joe
- Minor/Background Characters (non-speaking)
Gaffer, Bean Bunny, Sprocket, Robin the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, Animal, Droop, Pops, George the Janitor, Frackles, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Koozebanian Phoob, J.P. Grosse, Geri and the Atrics, The Swedish Chef, Inkspots, Aretha, Chester Rat, Masterson Rat, Tatooey Rat, Mr. Plagueman, Chickens, Island Heads, Pigs, Laundress, Winny
- In the 2005 and 2013 DVD releases, Jerry Nelson's lines for Statler are dubbed by Steve Whitmire:.
- In the 2013 DVD releases, Jerry Nelson's lines for Mad Monty, Floyd Pepper and Lew Zealand are dubbed by Matt Vogel.
- In the 2005 DVD release, Jerry Nelson's lines for Floyd Pepper are dubbed by John Kennedy.
- In the 2005 DVD release, Jerry Nelson's lines for Lew Zealand are dubbed by Bill Barretta.
- In the 2013 DVD release, Kevin Clash's lines for Polly Lobster are dubbed by Ryan Dillon.
- In the 2013 DVD release, Kevin Clash's lines for Black Dog are dubbed by Bill Barretta.
- In the 2002, 2005 and 2013 DVD releases, Frank Oz's lines for Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Animal are dubbed by Eric Jacobson.
- In the 2005 and 2013 DVD releases, Frank Oz's lines for Sam the Eagle are dubbed by Eric Jacobson.
- In the 2002 DVD release, Frank Oz's lines for Sam the Eagle are dubbed by Kevin Clash.
- In the 2013 DVD release, John Henson's lines for Sweetums are dubbed by Matt Vogel.